Surely you know the statement of Coco Chanel: “At the age of 20, a woman has a face that nature gave her, at 30 – which she made herself, at 40 – the one she deserves.” Unfortunately, the trendsetter did not live to see the time when women around the world can afford to age beautifully at 50, 60, and 70.
Dozens of factors affect the condition of the skin: both internal (slowing down of metabolism, genetics, various diseases) and external (UV radiation, free radicals, bad habits, improper sleep and rest).
Accumulating in the body, they begin to destroy the natural beauty. Mitochondrial dysfunction appears, the skin loses elasticity, becomes thinner and more fragile, the production of important proteins and amino acids worsens, cells become less active. With age, the influence of these factors increases, so the older you get, the more careful facial skin care should be.
Age-related skin is considered to be already 35 years old. If you do not want to look older than the mark in the passport, then you should take care of the condition of the epidermis. For this it is important:
- Visit a cosmetologist and do not neglect salon procedures.
- Protect the skin from UV rays daily. And not only on summer days, but also at any time of the year. Science has proven that the sun’s rays are the main cause of premature aging. They injure the surface of the skin, make it rough, inelastic, cause wrinkles, vascular asterisks and pigmentation. Therefore, applying sun cream to the skin should become a daily ritual.
- Get rid of bad habits. This is especially true for smoking. Tobacco smoke not only contains a large number of mutagens and carcinogens, but also has a destructive effect on collagen and elastin, contributing to the appearance of pouch wrinkles.
- Normalize sleep. When we deprive ourselves of a full 8-hour sleep, the exfoliation of the upper layer of the skin is disrupted, regenerative processes and the synthesis of necessary substances are inhibited.
- Eat right. The effect on the skin from the inside always brings more effective fruits, so do not forget to include fish, seafood, lean meat, nuts, fruits, vegetables, fresh herbs in your diet.
- Observe the drinking regime. Water is the main tool for moisturizing, removing toxins and preserving the elasticity of the skin.
- Pass the annual checkup. Very often, wrinkles and age spots are the result of endocrine, digestive, hormonal problems.
- Do not crush pimples. Due to a number of reasons, acne can also appear in adults. Mechanical action on the pimple will lead to injury to the skin, and then to the appearance of scarring and age spots.
- Move as much as possible. Sport has a beneficial effect on the overall appearance, and to maintain the youth of the skin performs a number of important functions: accelerates metabolism, improves blood microcirculation, saturates cells with oxygen, removes toxins through sweat.
Stages of skin care
Anti-aging care is not as complicated as you might think. However, the means for it should have the most effective composition aimed at both general hydration and solving local problems.
Stage 1 – demakiyazh.
Removal of decorative cosmetics and environmental pollutants is carried out using hydrophilic oil / micellar water / makeup remover milk. To avoid skin irritation, choose alcohol-free formulas.
Stage 2 – purification.
Delicacy and tenderness are important here. Choose products marked “for sensitive skin”.
Stage 3 – toning.
This step will complete the cleansing, enrich the skin with plant extracts and prepare it for the application of basic care.
Stage 4 – moisturizing the entire face (except the area around the eyes).
This is what will give the skin softness, elasticity, saturate it with moisture and activate metabolic processes. During the day, you can use a cream with a lighter texture, and in the evening, use a regenerating agent for intensive oxygenation of the skin.
Stage 5 – moisturizing the area around the eyes.
The cream will purposefully act to reduce the depth of wrinkles in this area, prevent the appearance of dark circles and bags.
Stage 6 – application of antioxidant serum with vitamin C.
Vitamin C is a storehouse of benefits for the skin. It helps to reduce pigmentation, reduces transepidermal moisture loss, prevents thickening of the stratum corneum, smoothes and brightens the tone of the face. Its content in serums is much higher than in creams, so the effect will not take long to wait.
Also, 1-2 times a week, apply moisturizing masks and exfoliating agents.
It is important to treat home care with discipline and awareness. If you do not follow these simple steps, then soon the skin will become tight, dehydrated, wrinkled.
The cosmetic market is rich in various brands and anti-aging products. However, when choosing care, it is important to pay attention to the following components in the composition:
- hyaluronic acid;
- thermal water;
- vitamins A, C, E, B3 (niacinamide);
- oils and extracts of natural origin;
- Coenzyme Q10;
- fruit acids;
- snail mucin.
Features of anti-aging care after 40 years
After 45 years, a woman is waiting for a new and final hormonal stage – menopause. At this time, estrogens begin to be produced in minimal quantities, which means that the production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, elastin is further reduced, the protective functions of the skin are minimized, the process of renewal of epidermal cells slows down, the skin becomes drier, sensitive, dehydrated. The neck and decollete area suffer the most. They have a minimum number of sebaceous glands, which means that they give out age in the first place.
From the age of 35, you can already buy funds marked anti-age. The substances contained in them are aimed at neutralizing damage, maintaining a hydrolipidic balance. To smooth out the effect of tides on the skin, pay attention to special night remedies with a cooling effect. They will reduce swelling and reduce the feeling of heat.
At the age of 40, wrinkles are already beginning to spread across a woman’s face, the oval becomes not so clear, pigmentation appears, and the corners of the mouth slowly drop. To slow down the aging process, it is worth starting to prepare the skin for cosmetology techniques. Pay attention to the median chemical peeling. Trichloroacetic acid will help exfoliate the skin and remove all shallow age-related changes from its surface.
Then you can continue working on the area of the face, neck and decollete with the help of mesotherapy or biorevitalization. These procedures will deliver to the skin layers the most important element of hydration – hyaluronic acid, activate cellular renewal, improve the complexion, smooth out wrinkles and reduce sagging skin.
As for home methods, you can adopt massage, facebuilding (a set of exercises aimed at strengthening the muscles of the face and neck), as well as homemade masks made of natural ingredients.
Features of anti-aging care after 50 years
After 50 years, age-related changes cannot be hidden from either friends or colleagues. The complexion fades, the volume of the face is reduced, wrinkles and wrinkles become more pronounced.
How to look fresh, young and at the same time natural?
- Do not forget to scrub the skin. This will help to remove keratinized cells and prevent hyperkeratosis.
- Use fibroblast activators. These include retinoids, plant stem cells, peptides.
- Laser rejuvenation and thread lifting will prevent the formation of new defective collagen and elastin fibers.
To make the skin look attractive at any age, it is important to pay attention to both external and internal factors, carefully select care products and find “your” cosmetologist.